It is an undeniable fact that the right exterior house painting colours can add personality, polish and presence to any home. When it comes to creating street appeal, your not-so-secret weapon is always going to be a few coats of quality paint in an appealing shade. However, choosing the perfect exterior house painting colour can be overwhelming. It can sometimes feel like you are drowning in colour chips and still no closer to picking the colours for your roof restoration or home’s makeover.
Here our team at Unistar Painting have compiled a useful list of tips to help you out.
- Always select the main colour first, followed by the accent and trim colours. Lean large swatches against the front of the house, stand back and view them from the street.
- Neutral & contemporary colour schemes that don’t clash with the neighbouring homes help to boost the potential worth and maximise appeal
- If your home is on the small side, you can paint your gable, fascia, eaves and windows with an accent colour that is lighter than the main colour. Visually, the use of a white accent makes this home’s proportions appear more substantial, enhancing its street appeal.
- Unless you want to make a feature of your downpipes, garage door and electricity box, paint them the same colour as your home’s exterior so they blend in rather than stand out.
- Use your garden, driveway, guttering and landscape as inspiration for your colour palette, to create subtle contrasts and an overall sense of harmony for your property. It’s also a good tip to take some of your cues and ideas from the surroundings of your home.
- Fences help frame the view of your house, and using a similar paint colour to the exterior trims creates a sense of connection between the house and the garden. The contrast in your walls and trims will highlight angles that you want to be the focus of your exterior.
Exterior House Painting Colours Trends 2021
At the moment we are seeing a large trend towards grey colours.
In this last year, 40% of our exterior house painting restorations have been completed in a grey colour and of these charcoals have certainly been the standout colour. Looking into 2021, it is predicted that we will see a change in trend towards some more ‘earthy’ tones.
If you are looking at completing either a full exterior painting restoration or a roof restoration, feel free to contact Unistar Painting today at 0430 210 560. We can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote and answer any colour questions you may have.